Friday, February 26, 2010

some favorites...

I have been on the hunt for a pretty rug, but as you all know, I have two furry little friends that take such delight in tearing up mom's new purchases. So, I think I'll give it some time and wait until they ease on out of "the terrible twos". In the meantime, I'll just admire these pretty ones:


Madeline Weinrib's, Emma in black and white

Madeline Weinrib, Pumpernickel Song


Did you see the ad for Thomas Obrien's rug line for Safavieh Couture's collection in Elle Decor?Caught my eye!
Love his work and his store, Aero in Soho.

The famous David Easton also teamed up with Safavieh.
Moive Venner, slate blue



part of Jamie Drake's collection

And for some more budget friendly options, there is always West Elm's Andalusia
in chocolate, the marigold color is nice as well.



I am a huge proponent of natural fiber rugs. They are so easy to maintain and very forgiving. This Jute Diamond is also available at West Elm.

Well my friends, happy weekend to you. We had another blizzard last night and the city is still. I am ready to cozy up this weekend with sweet Adam and the Killer Bees (our affectionate name for Lola and Lucy. When they are wrestling...which is constant....they sound like bees buzzing. It is at times maddening and at times hysterical---depends on the day!!)

No comments: