Monday, December 7, 2009

A Greenwich Getaway

Sometimes it is just nice to get away from the city. Away from all the hustle and bustle. The noise. The traffic. The pace.

I grew up in Texas, so now to have the chance to just hop on a train and be in another state in 45 minutes is a real treat. I mean, it takes almost an entire day to just travel Texas from East to West. So, taking full advantage of all of the trains here, Adam and I headed to Grand Central on Saturday and bought a ticket to Greenwich, CT.

The Metro North let us off just one block from the oh so charming Greenwich Ave.

Each store was perfectly dressed in garland, lights and bows. Tis' the Season!







The Avenue is lined with boutiques like Tory Burch, Madewell, Rugby, and Scoop.


Of course NYC has some unbelievable shopping, but again, sometimes it is just nice to wander with Starbucks in hand....uninterrupted by 12 other people trying to find the same size as you! This is somewhat of a sore subject given that it took me about 3 months to find a Target that didn't look like the end of the world was seconds away (seriously, how is Target sold out of Pantene and Sharpie markers, please). No worries though....I have found a Super Target just a train ride away and the world is right again!!!


So, back to Greenwich. I had always heard it was beautiful and they weren't lying. The homes are magnificent.


The day was truly relaxing and I look forward to going back sometime soon....especially if this little guy is there to greet me every time!

No comments: