Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spotlight on Charleston


Ahhhh, Charleston. To me, this place is something much like a fairytale. So charming and it just reminds me of the 4th of July, which next to Christmas it is my all time favorite holiday.
This weekend, my friend Kathryn and I went to see Dear John, while our husbands went to see Avatar at the Imax 3D (no thanks, I'll pass) . And bless. Nicholas Sparks sure knows how to write a love story. Dear John is right up there with The Notebook. And even better, it was filmed in Charleston!






The movie is filled with beautiful scenery, much like the picture above. This is Second Presbyterian in Charleston. Spanish moss is so intriguing to me.




I mean look at this! It just makes me want to stand up and sing "God Bless America......land that I love."


Breathtaking






Ohhh Charleston, if only I were there right now. Instead, we are bracing for a blizzard, possibly 15 inches. Deep sigh. I guess I will just be dreaming of beaches, Spanish moss, beautiful gardens and architecture all while wearing a parka.


No comments: