Friday, April 30, 2010

Rodarte for Knoll Luxe

Rodarte has dressed the likes of Kera Knightly, Natalie Portman and Rhianna. Their talent is undeniable and their pieces are highly unique.

Natalie Portman wearing Rodarte (Oscars 2009)

Rodarte founders, Kate and Laura Mulleavy

So, you are thinking, "We know fashion is not your thing (accept when it is necessary to speak out against JOJ), so where is she going with this?" Let's face it, TJ Maxx is a safe haven for me and I will never own any couture pieces, that is unless my inner "Maxxinista" spots a piece amongst the chaos of clothing racks. I mean, I did one time find a Verg Wang dress at TJ's (not my size) and I felt I needed to make a public announcement regarding my find and not leave the store until I had found a home for the little gem.

Ok, back to it.

Well, very exciting news. Knoll-Luxe is a luxury textile division of the famous furniture company, Knoll. Knoll-Luxe has partnered with the couture fashion house, Rodarte. Kate and Laura have created a fabric collection for upholstery and drapery. So, where do we come in? Rodarte did a photo shoot for their new ad campaign using our linens to dress the beds in the shoot. Amazing is all I can say!! We got to sneak a peek while they were shooting and I can't wait to see the final product!!!



Proenza Schouler also has a line with Knoll-Luxe.

In the meantime, check out this article from the NY Times about this new partnership.
Happy Friday to all!
We have rented a car and we are headed off the island! Can't wait for a leisurely drive up the Hudson and we are going to check out West Point!


1 comment:

Erica Cook said...

Hey sweets... thought I'd let you know I'm having my first giveaway. come comment. xo Erica