I have been MIA and for good reasons
1. my sweet family has been in town
2. work has been a whirlwind
3. The sun is shinning in NYC and I have been outside soaking up every last minute of it. Gone are the days of sitting inside all day dreaming of sunshine :)

The four of us (sweet husband taking our pic)
Disclaimer: We were only in Times Square because we had to walk through here to get to my parents hotel. I know, I know....no place else like it, but it seriously makes me want to barf.
It is like the state fair on a grander scale. I thought about getting my character done and while eating a pretzel. A little sketch to frame ;)
How precious is she? Mom and I had some time to ourselves and we hit up the NYC flea markets. The sun was shinning and the treasures were everywhere. We had a blast looking through such great "junk" and maybe one day we will have a booth of our own!
Ok, I found this little autograph book and was so fascinated. Inside were all of these sweet little notes to a girl named Amy from her classmates. Almost like a yearbook or something. I have no clue who she is, but just thought the notes were so sweet. Check out the date, 1967!

So, after we sent mom and dad back to the hotel, we meet up with some of our friends from home, Kathryn and Brian. We headed down to the Lower East Side to a great Speak Easy restaurant/bar type place (Schillers). Ohhh the LES, it was quite an adventure.

I couldn't miss this photo-op. Ummm.... really?
I still think that the best one I have seen is the Donuts & Teriyaki combination. Yummmm.

We stopped by the Restoration Hardware Flagship store and I snapped this pic of the entryway. Mom is ordering one of their new coffee tables on casters. Sweet.
It was a great weekend and I am so thankful for my family.
Stay tuned: I got really bored the other night and painted my bathroom.
1 comment:
Girl, don't even lie! I know you went to Times Square to get you a churro and buy you a foam Lady Liberty headband. Come on, now. You probably bought yourself a faux Kate Spade clutch too. :)
Post a Comment