Friday, August 20, 2010

lately

Hello blog world! It has been awhile. The summer has been filled with travel, visits from friends and family, and some serious heat. Who knew that NYC could be such an oven??!

I pass through Union Sq. every day on my way to work. The farmers market sets up camp every Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. I love strolling through and this is by far my favorite booth (well, this one and the lady that sells banana bread on Friday. yum.)


Fresh fruits and vegetables everywhere. The colors are beautiful!


Please forgive the randomness of this post. But, moving on to market. This past week was market and I was able to slip away from the showroom one day to walk the show with Donald and Staci who were buying for our Beverly Hills store.

John Robshaw's booth. He is such a nice guy and glad we had the chance to visit.

Ahhhh.....Lollia! One of my all time favorite body care lines. Their booth was just as pretty as their product. Check out the detail on those paper flowers!!!


And moving on again...
The other day (while walking my out of control dogs) I discovered this peaceful little gem right down the street from our apartment. NY never ceases to amaze me. Here is this beautiful community garden right in the middle of downtown. Locals can have their own little "box" to garden. How great is that??


As I was leaving I realized that Ground Zero sits right behind this beautiful little oasis. It is still so hard to believe that not too long ago the towers stood right there. If you haven't been to the city lately, you can see that construction is underway and the Freedom Tower is now about 25 floors above ground. I imagine the locals created this spot when downtown Manhattan began to rebuild. I love the resilience!!

Well my friends....thanks for not leaving! I have an exciting post on some new finds from market coming soon!
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Flourishing Networks said...

Wow sensational food at the markets and great to see something so beautiful growing in an area of New York.