Here I am. Another month has gone by. Wow. I've had a million ideas flying around in my head, but not a nano second to sit and write about any of them.
Let's start by saying that we have decided to move apartments. We are looking at the Upper West Side and I must admit that I am looking forward to the challenge of making a 500 sq. ft. (or less) look grand. A long time ago I wrote about designer Ron Marvin. His 300 sq. foot apartment is absolutely dreamy and when I am feeling a little down about that fact that my only place of retreat is the other side of the room...I am reminded that just because it is small, doesn't mean it can't be down right beautiful. Bring it on!!!




On a completely different note. My parents were in town a few weeks ago and we took a little trip out to Long Island to explore. Explore we did. We drove to the very tip of Long Island. Conquered it. I grew up in Amarillo, TX (read: flat, no water, middle of nowhere. But, beautiful in its own unique way). I was blown away by the beauty of these places. The homes are grand, the landscape is grand and the scenery really is breathtaking. Quaint shops, fancy shops, beautiful flowers, and farmer's markets galore...we had a blast and laughed a lot.


These folks had their gate open. How kind.
Those place are great and fun to visit, but at the end of the day I like to keep it simple. Target is my kind of place. Ikea is amazing. So, bring it on studio apartment....I have my paint brush ready! Feel free to stop by, there won't be a gate in the way :)

3 comments:
Looks like an amazing weekend. As far as the compact living goes, I'm sure you'll make it fabulous. If I hadn't said it before... I LOVE what you've done with your blog design. xo e
omg, I'd love to drive up that hamptons driveway! Great little flats too!
These spaces are absolutely gorgeous.. and that looks like a lovely weekend, I so admire the hamptons feel.. one day I hope to get there! x
Post a Comment