Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is anyone still out there?!!

Hello long lost readers. If I am not mistaken, it has been well over 3 months since my last post. I have wanted to blog, but honestly have not had the time.

A lot has happened over the last 3 months. A lot. In case any of you care, here is the rundown:

I was offered a new job and I am now working with Ann Gish. I was so sad to say goodbye to Nancy, as she is such an amazing individual and one of the classiest ladies I know. But, the chance to open a Manhattan flagship store off of 5th Ave was an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. So, I am now assisting Ann Gish on her latest venture and look forward to what is ahead.

In case you missed it, Elle Decor recently spotlighted Ann as one of the "5 Women in Design We Love."



Not only did I start a new job, but we also moved from Battery Park to the Upper West Side. Battery Park was a great transition for us in to life in Manhattan (it's quiet and somewhat removed). But, we absolutely LOVE our new neighborhood and all that it has to offer. Quaint stores, coffee shops, Trader Joe's, Magnolia Bakery and Central Park...not to shabby! In between those 2 major life transitions, there was Christmas break, parties, you know...

The craziness continues as we are in the midst of market season. Atlanta and Dallas just finished and the New York International Market starts a week from tomorrow. It is full steam ahead as we begin set up on Wednesday. Although I will be working, I hope to sneak a peak at some of my favorite vendors. I was perusing the NYIGF website the other day and thought of you.

They have this great new feature on the site: an Online Catalog Gallery. Back in the buying days, I loved to flip through the catalogs and see what was new from each vendor. Have you ever been in a store and wondered "Where did they get that?!"....well....here ya go! Flipping through these is like a "mini market tour". See what I am talking about HERE (on the right hand side).

This is a page from Lazy Susan's 2011 catalog.

Well, friends, I am sorry that I abandoned my post. Hopefully I won't let another 3 months slip by. If you happen to be at the New York show, stop by and see us. I would love to see you!

3 comments:

Hanna Ratliff said...

awwwwww how i've missed you, anna sue!! welcome back to blog world. :) xoxo

plainlyjane said...

i'm still here and so happy you're blogging again! we need to catch up. love and miss you! xoxo

Erica Cook said...

I care! I've missed you. Glad to hear that things are going well. xoxo